Skip to main content

GUEST POST 1: Instagram : Reel or real life?

Hey readers,


Hopefully, you are doing better than just good. I am totally in love with writing for you. I am writing another story for you (will publish it soon!). But today, I have something else in box for you. A guest post! Yes, this is a guest post, a poem by Jaya Dutta.

Happy reading ♥️

*******

Through Instagram, life looks so perfect,
Every post and story shows some kind of prosperity,
Sometimes I feel it's time to resurrect,
Whether it's time to change the thought of Instagram being the ultimate superiority.


People with more followers are the happiest,
People with less followers are not very well,
But this kind of thinking does not look the sexiest,
Because there are many other things for the people to tell.


Maybe you all already know these things,
Maybe I look like a maniac saying all this,
But I have heard and seen many of such thinking,
So, today I thought of penning down all this.

In reality, life is a mess,
None is perfectly happy in the whole world,
Each one of has one or the other thing less,
So let's face this reality together which might seem absurd.

Instagram reflects not even half of our lives,
Whatever we post is one out of ten or hundred attempts,
But it does not tell us about all those things through which an individual survives,
Still, many a times the Instagram account preempts.

Hope still sustains that there will be a day,
When Instagram will truly reflect the real life,
And we won't depend on it everyday,
For the real serenity of this life.

~Jaya Dutta
(Follow her on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/chocoholic_jaya)


Orange Stories encourages new writers and provides a platform for them. If you are a writer too and want your compositions to be online, contact us -
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/neha_agri
E-mail : nehaagri1396@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STORY 1: DREAM, DARE AND DAD!

Hey there, this is my first story on this blog. This is a true story inspired by an episode of my life. I chose to write about this because I wanted to give you a hint of how it feels if you don't open up to your parents about your dreams and aims in life at right point of time.   Hopefully, this will be an inspirational story  that will inspire you to talk to your parents about anything you wish to talk about. Happy Reading ♥️ THE STORY … Everyone was glued to the computer screen as if someone would show up and say "Hey!!! Your work is done. You have shattered her dreams. Congratulations!!!" I rolled my eyes at the screen and informed (myself more than everybody around) about the mail being received by the person on the other end. I stood up, saw the needles of clock (it was 11 past something at night) and I went to bed. I could hear my siblings chattering and my parents muttering in the room. Finding it unbearable, I chose to put a pillow over my

STORY 2 : HER STORY

Hey readers! Here's another true story  for you. This one is a love story that may leave you in awe. I just wanted to share this story with you because this story is about a very near and dear one.  Happy Reading ♥️ THE STORY ... "No, don't!" I was startled by her voice. She took the boulder that I had lifted over upto my forehead and kept it aside. "How will I crack this dadi?" I pouted and held the walnut to show her. I was just six. She took my walnut, smacked it thrice on the same boulder and to my astonishment, it cracked open! My walnut! She could see the joy on my face. She stood up and went somewhere inside (I don't know to which corner of house because I  was busy eating the recently cracked thing) to come back with a handful of walnuts. Wow!! More walnuts!! I dropped what I had in my hands and reached for the new ones with my eyes wide open spilling the sudden surge of happiness. DADI. It should be an epithet for patience,

STORY 5: COFFEE

Hello folks! Today's story is a special story. There are times when I feel an urge to write to just lift up my mood. This is that kind of story. You can call this a self love story . Hopefully, this will give a freshness to your soul.  Happy reading ♥️ THE STORY ... Before leaving, I had double checked up on myself in the mirror. My d ress was fine. I had carefully applied the kajal. Also the lipstick shade was okay. I am not a pro at these makeup things but I guess, I was up to the mark (hopefully). I was still not sure. Do I really want this? I have been away from  this person  for so long that now I don't feel acquainted with  this person . So technically, you can say we are strangers now. And I am so reckless with strangers that I am confident, this meeting is going to be a disaster. But then everything around me these days, is almost a disaster. I am absolutely ready for one more. I checked my phone. 10:30 AM. I am not late. I could feel the damp